Monday, November 2, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things

A Sunday school teacher asked her little children, as they were on the way to church service, "And why is it necessary to be quiet in church?" One bright little girl replied, "Because people are sleeping."

A father was at the beach with his children when his four-year-old son ran up to him, grabbed his hand, and led him to the shore, where a seagull lay dead in the sand. "Daddy, what happened to him?" the son asked. "He died and went to Heaven," the dad replied. The boy thought a moment and then said, "Did God throw him back down?

When I was six months pregnant with my third child, my three year old came into the room when I was just getting ready to get into the shower. She said, "Mommy, you are getting fat!" I replied, "Yes, honey, remember Mommy has a baby growing in her tummy." "I know," she replied, but what's growing in your butt?"

A physician and her 4 year old daughter were in the car on the way to preschool. The doctor/mother had left her stethoscope on the car seat, and her little girl picked it up and began playing with it. "Be still, my heart," thought the mother, "my daughter wants to follow in my footsteps!" Then the child spoke into the instrument: "Welcome to McDonald's. May I take your order?"

When I was younger I used to love watching Kids Say the Darndest Things. Where do these kids get the things they say. Kids are honest. And cute. And funny. I've been wanting to mark down it a book of some sort what funny things my children have said and at what age. I know I've missed a lot of it but recently been reminded of how I need to get this done as they grow fast and oh how easily we forget things. Here are a few recent funny things my son has said just in the past week that I have wrote down and at some point will start a little scrapbook of them for us to look back on.

I mentioned my legs hurt while driving home in the car & Brady says "because you're growing" I say "GROWING??" He says "yeah growing smaller, kind of like a grandma, they grow smaller because they are all short"

Brady Age 10

I woke up by the sound of my son falling out of his bed with loud bang…So I go in there to see if he’s alright. I say “what happened buddy”. He says “I went to roll over on my tummy and the bed cut off” ….

Brady Age 10

Alrighty then!!! It can happen….my bed cuts off all the time….

No comments: